St. Bernard presents a unique curriculum that offers a challenge to even the most brilliant student. Our graduates are qualified to enter all major colleges and universities. We provide a robust college readiness curriculum. Our faculty find potential in all students and are committed to push him or her to their optimal level of success. Having an average class size of 20 students allows for a distinct learning environment yielding to the ideals of community, responsibility and knowledge. In addition, as a member of LMU family of schools, we have access to on campus tutors before and after school to supplement the academic experience.
St. Bernard High School is accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and is co-accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). St. Bernard offers an academic curriculum featuring a wide array of courses designed to meet the needs of the AP/Honors student and the college-bound student. Because 98% of St. Bernard graduates continue their education at the college level, the required curriculum is aligned with the University of California standards (A-G) for admission and is designed to meet college admissions requirements for Universities and Colleges in the state. All courses follow the California State Educational Standards for Curricular Content. AP courses follow the Advanced Placement Curriculum of the College Board.
Curriculum Highlights and Standards
- Selective Admissions Standards
- Competitive Honors/AP Classes available starting in the 9th grade
- College-Prep Curriculum fully certified to meet the A through G subject requirements defined by the University of California
- Technology Enhanced Classrooms with LCD Projectors and High-Speed Internet
- Student Centered Classrooms, Authentic Assessments and courses aligned with California State Curricular Standards
- 100% College Acceptance — Including to the highly competitive universities such as UCLA, UC Berkeley, Cornell, Brown, Yale and USC
- 12:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Celebrated Diversity, Christian Leadership and Service Program
- Superior Visual and Performing Arts (Art, Dance, Drama and Music) taught by Industry Professionals
Academic Honor Code
- St. Bernard High School is a Catholic institution dedicated to the intellectual, moral and spiritual development of the student. The school expects that its students will strive to meet their individual potentials and, upon graduation, become citizens who incorporate high ethical standards and Christian values into their daily lives. Commitment to truth and academic integrity is imperative to this goal.
- Adherence to the Academic Honor Code promotes the level of academic integrity required within the school and assures that student work is judged fairly when evaluated against curricular standards and the work of others. It also insures that each student will demonstrate honesty and integrity in their assignments, testing, and participation in their learning process. An environment which promotes academic integrity can only be created by students, faculty, administrators and parents working together to support the principles of the academic integrity. The following Honor Pledge must be signed by students on assignments as required by any instructor: On my honor, I pledge that I have not violated any of the provisions of the St. Bernard High School Academic Honor Code.