St. Bernard High School strives to provide the highest quality educational programs at the lowest possible cost. We recognize and appreciate the financial sacrifices that families make to send their children to St. Bernard High School. We work very hard to control our expenses to ensure that we can provide a secondary Catholic education at an affordable tuition rate. St. Bernard’s tuition is one of the lowest among the fifty Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
Paying for a Catholic education is an investment in your daughter or son’s future. St. Bernard affords merit, leadership scholarships and need-based funding grants that may help with the financing of your child’s education. The school is also generously supported with grants from the Catholic Education Foundation. Tuition grants are based on the evaluation of financial need of the family. The St. Bernard funding pool is limited and we regret that we cannot always meet the full financial need for tuition assistance of the applicants. Final selection of a recipient is based on need as well as evaluation of the student’s overall academic and personal strengths. All families requesting tuition assistance must submit an application through the FACTs tuition management service. Should a student be placed on Academic or Disciplinary Probation, he or she may become ineligible to retain their financial aid and scholarship.
“At St. Bernard, we deliver the best because we believe your child deserves nothing less.”
– Dr. Patrick Lynch, Principal
St. Bernard is a tuition-based school, relying on tuition and fees for its operating budget. As a Catholic School we are not supported by state funds. St. Bernard additionally relies upon parent fundraising and volunteerism, as well as on donations form alumni and community supporters for its operating budget.
Registration Fee $600 Option Catholic Students
11-Month Beginning July 10 $797.73/month $843.18/month 10-Month Beginning August 10 $877.50/month $927.50/month Single Payment: 5% Discount
(Due August 1)
$8,336.25 $8,811.25 Two Payments: 3% Discount
Applied to Second Payment
(Due August 1 and January 1)
$4,387.50 and $4,124.25 $4,637.50 and $4,359.25
*$500 deduction on second student’s yearly tuition for families with two students currently enrolled at St. Bernard.
Additional Expenses (not included in tuition)
Item Fee School Uniforms
$300-$500 Textbooks and Supplies
(including locker locks)
Estimated $400-$800 Technology Fee
(New for 2016-2017)
Fees below are applicable based on your student’s academic, athletic and/or co-curricular involvement.
Item Fee AP Exam $95 per exam Performing Arts Estimated $150 Class Ring/Letterman Jacket Varies Senior Graduation Fee $250 Student Activities
(i.e., Homecoming, Prom, Field Trips, etc.)
Varies Athletics/Cheer Varies
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office
Friday, January 27, 2017: Financial Assistance Application Deadline (merit and need-based)
Please note: Applicants qualifying for admission and for need-based financial assistance outnumber those who can be supported by the financial aid budget. Therefore, choices must be made on the basis of individual merit. Although need is the first and absolute requirement for financial aid, the final selection of a recipient is based on an evaluation of the student’s overall academic and personal strengths.
1. SBHS Need Based Financial Aid: Available to all grade levels. Tuition assistance application for 2017-18 is an online application only. To qualify for any financial assistance, families must submit an online application through FACTS. A confidential report will be sent to our office from which the level of tuition assistance available to your family will be determined. The FACTS process looks at the big picture of your finances to help assess an amount that your family is able to pay for tuition. Completed forms must be sent directly to FACTS.
FACTS accounts The St. Bernard school code for FACTS is 26282.
If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637, or online at www.factstuitionaid.com
2. Catholic Education Foundation Tuition Award Program: Available to all grade levels. Current and new CEF applicants must plan to attend a meeting with CEF on campus. Call Ms. Cadena at (310) 823-4651 x 100 to schedule your mandatory CEF appointment. The Catholic Education Foundation of the Archdiocese of L.A. is primarily committed to providing tuition assistance to the most financially deserving students attending Catholic elementary and high schools within the Archdiocese. An application must be submitted for each child registering at SBHS. St. Bernard High School has no input on who will receive aid from CEF. For additional information, please visit www.cefdn.org. Forms can be picked up in the main office. Complete the forms and return to St. Bernard High School along with your most recent tax return and W-2 form.
Download CEF Application HERE – English
Download CEF Application HERE – Spanish
There are no applications for scholarships. If you would like your child to be considered to be a scholarship recipient, please check the appropriate box on your admissions application under the Financial Information section.
1. Doheny Merit Scholarship: Available to incoming freshman (renewable for all 4 years). There is no application for the Doheny Merit Scholarship; these scholarships are awarded to four (4) incoming freshmen whose High School Placement Test (HSPT) are in the highest percentiles. The remaining scholarships are granted to students based on HSPT, Teacher Recommendations, and 7th & 8th grade academic standing. This is a four year scholarship and ranges from $500 – $1,500 per year. Students must maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA and be active in the SBHS organizations, activities, and events to be eligible to renew the Doheny Merit Scholarship.
2. Wayne & Diana Murdy Leadership Scholarship: Available to all grade levels and not based on financial need. Applications are available in the Main Office. Applicants must fill out scholarship application form, which includes a short essay and and letter of recommendation from an adult who can speak to their leadership attributes. Scholarships are granted to students based on Application, Teacher Recommendations, and Student Essay. Up to ten $1000 scholarships will be awarded to students who have demonstrated leadership qualities through such things activities as community service, academics, athletics, and/or the arts (drama, visual arts, music).
Private Student Loans for K-12 Education
If your family does not qualify for need-based financial aid, you may wish to consider an outside lenders who provides K-12 student loans to qualifying individuals. Here are some of the leading lenders and special loan products that may provide a solution that’s right for your family. Please note that St. Bernard High School does not endorse any outside lending organization.
Your Tuition Solution offers a low fixed rate K-12 loan designed to help parents and legal guardians pay for private school tuition. Borrow the full cost of tuition up to $40,000 with flexible repayment terms from 24 to 84 months with no penalties for prepayment. There are no origination fees.